The campaign editor is where elements of each campaign are added and edited. Select the campaign you want to customize from your Campaign Hub and click ‘Edit’ to get started. Then, access the campaign editor.
Your original campaign title will become your URL (a.k.a. web address or link). Here’s an example: crowdrise.com/campaign-title
Updating your title will not change your URL, but you will have the chance to. More info Here.
- Under the Photos section, click the photo icon
- Drag and drop files from your computer or click the link below to browse
- You will be prompted to crop each image into a rectangle
- Click ‘Save’
You can upload up to 10 pictures. Drag and drop the photos to rearrange the order. The image in the first position will be the default share image.
To delete a picture, hover over it and click the trash can icon in the corner.
If you experience anything strange while uploading your pics, check out thisTroubleshooting Article for tips.
Videos are incredibly powerful when they are relatively short and explain the impact of your campaign.
- Upload your video onto YouTube or Vimeo, marked as ‘public’ and ‘embeddable’ in the video settings
- Grab the shareable link from your video
- a YouTube share URL will look like this, followed by some letters or numbers: https://youtu.be/
- a Vimeo share URL will look like this, followed by a phrase or numbers: https://vimeo.com/
- Copy and paste the video share URL into Video box in the campaign editor
- Click ‘Save’
- In the Story section you'll be able to update using the rich text editor
- When everything is perfect, click the ‘Save’ button
The best campaign stories are concise, compelling, and explain why you’re passionate about the cause. If you can explain where the donations will go and how they will help, that can motivate people to give.
A goal gives you a chance to reach out and let your supporters know when you’ve hit milestones, and we have found that communicating with your supporters regularly leads to more momentum and more repeat donations.
Setting a goal is a great idea, but it’s not required. You may edit it at any time.
- From your Campaign Hub, hover over your campaign and click on the Edit Icon*
- Click on the campaign card
- *if your campaign is part of a multi-team campaign, click on the 'Team Page' card
- Scroll down to the Goal section and enter the amount you intend to raise
- Click 'Save'
There are no goal requirements and no deadlines when you use CrowdRise. If you do set a goal and don't hit it, all the money you raised still goes straight to the cause.
The ‘Donate’ button cannot turn on until a nonprofit is selected to receive the funds from your campaign. Either add one when you create the campaign, or add on later in the campaign editor.
- Scroll down to the Beneficiary section and you’ll see your current nonprofit listed
- If no funds have been raised yet, you can delete the current selection and search for your desired nonprofit by name or tax ID (EIN/BRN) number
- Once you find the correct nonprofit, select them from the dropdown list
- Click ‘Save’ to confirm
Once a campaign has raised money, beneficiary cannot be changed.
If your campaign coincides with a live event or location, feel free to add the address so your supporters can find it.
Your original URL will be set based on the title of your campaign. Your URL may be edited one time.
- Scroll down to the ‘Customize Your URL’ field
- Enter your new desired URL (no spaces or special characters)
- Click ‘Save’ to commit
- If the URL is already in use, you will not be able to save
Note: If you have already shared your original campaign URL, changing it will break any previously shared links.
Our Customer Support Team is able to create a redirect so any visitors clicking your old URL will be redirected to your new URL. Contact us with the new and old URLs and we can help.
Change the campaign colors and add a logo in the ‘design’ tab.
- Use the ‘Theme color’ and ‘Header color’ buttons to customize your colors
- You can click ‘Reset to default’ on both buttons to restore your campaign to CrowdRise presets
- Click the camera icon to browse your computer and upload a logo
- Click the trash can icon to return to the default CrowdRise logo
In the ‘Settings’ tab you can control the following:
- Team Fundraising: add or remove a ‘Join the Team’ button
- Disable Donate Button: remove your donate button from your campaign now, or on a scheduled date
- Hide Donation Dollar Amounts: remove the amounts from your ‘Recent donations’ list
- Allow Offline Donations: toggle the ability for your teammates to log their own offline donations
Click Here for more information on how to use the various elements of the ‘Settings’ tab.