A widget is an application that can be installed on your personal or charity website. These act as a little portal where people can view your call to action, your amount raised, and donate directly to your campaign on CrowdRise without having to leave your site. Check out a couple examples of nonprofits who use our widget Here and Here.
You do not need to install a widget to share your campaign on Facebook or any social media platform. Check out This article about how to share on social media.
To find your CrowdRise widget code...
1. Log into your CrowdRise account Here and select the campaign you want to make into a widget
2. Head to your DASHBOARD
4. Select ADVANCED from the left navigation bar and click MY FUNDRAISER WIDGET
3. To install, copy and paste the widget code into the framework for your site, making sure to replace YOURSITE.COM with your website domain name
For example, if I were embedding this widget onto CrowdRise I would edit that bit of code to say "crowdrise.com" but you'll use your own website here.
Every website is slightly different so you may need to contact your web person for assistance.
Here are instructions for inserting our widget into the sidebar of Wordpress websites...
1. Select "Appearance" from your Wordpress admin page
2. Under the Appearance section choose "Editor"*
3. Then from the right-hand side select "Sidebar (sidebar.php)" which will allow you to edit your "Sidebar template"
Note: Some installations of Wordpress don't have the “Editor” option because the source code is managed by their web host. In this case, you’ll need to get in touch with your web host and ask them for assistance.