First, what is a multi-team campaign?
A multi-team campaign is a way to connect several fundraising teams together on a single landing page. We often think of these as Events such as 5k's and marathons, but they can also be used for competitive challenges, charitable gift registries, or any number of other purposes.
As the organizer, you can decide if you would like your fundraising teams to benefit one cause, choose from a preselected list, or select their own causes to support.
To create a multi-team campaign:
- Create a regular campaign by starting Here
- Before you publish, head to the campaign 'Edit' tab and select the 'Multiple Teams' card
- 'Save & Continue' to upgrade to an event style campaign
You may edit the Multiple Teams card to customize the template and settings for your teams. Once you're all set, make sure to publish your campaign so it becomes visible to the public, where they can donate and join the team.
How do I allow all fundraisers and teams on my campaign to choose their own beneficiary?
By default, your supporters will be required to fundraise for the nonprofit that you select during set-up. Note that once individuals join your team, you will not be able to edit this setting.
How do I make sure all fundraisers and teams benefit the same nonprofit?
- Create your campaign and select your desired beneficiary
- Add multiple teams, as described above
- Edit the 'Multiple Teams' card
- Under the 'Content' tab, head to the Beneficiary section toward the bottom
- Toggle 'Require teams to fundraise for specific nonprofits' off and Save
How do I let my supporters choose from a preselected list of teams to join?
Keep in mind, that by pre-populating teams they will all be tied to your CrowdRise account. This means that only you, the organizer, will be able to manage and edit them.
We encourage participants to create their own teams whenever possible. This allows participants to learn how to make edits to their campaign and we guarantee this knowledge will result in a better understanding of our platform's features and functionality, which can translate directly to more money raised. It's a definite win-win for everyone.
This option comes in handy when you want to pre-populate your teams, only allowing your supporters to join the teams you created. Your teams may represent different benefiting nonprofits, different cities, classrooms, or anything your heart desires, so they can track their individual progress. It may even spark a bit of friendly competition.
- View your campaign
- Click the 'Join Campaign' button
- Select the 'Create Your Own Team' option
- Follow the prompts to create your teams
- Select a nonprofit from your list and complete set up
- Repeat as necessary
Now you'll want to turn off the ability for your supporters to create teams of their own:
- Select the campaign card and click 'Edit'
- Click the 'Settings' tab
- Slide the 'Disable New Fundraisers' toggle
- Choose 'New Teams Only' if you would like your participants to be able to join the fundraising teams you've created, or 'All New Fundraisers' to make your campaign donate-only
- Click the 'Save' button below
For additional information, check out the rest of our Events & Marathons articles.