Fundraisers are vital to grow your organization’s online presence. They accelerate growth in revenue and can act as ambassadors for your mission. Acquiring passionate fundraisers is a commitment that starts with identifying and recruiting potential candidates. It’s important to empower your fundraisers using a supportive, hands-on approach throughout all of your campaigns.
Here are a few important things to remember when recruiting fundraisers:
- Warm them up - Talk to your community about your campaign and what it’s designed to do. Educate them about the impact their fundraising will make and share best practices to ensure their success.
- Leverage your most passionate supporters to seed the campaign - Once they get going, have them help you recruit and educate other fundraisers.
- Ask and ask again - Personalized messages work best. See our sample email in our Campaign Toolkit for an example.
- Update, update, update - Keeping fundraisers engaged hinges on continued education and support throughout the fundraising process.
Who can fundraise for you?
Consider the people who support your cause the most. These can be your board members, your volunteers, your big donors, or even your best friend. Reaching out to these individuals might seem daunting at first, but if they are truly invested in furthering your cause, odds are they’ll be more than happy to pitch in.
Consider the groups below to get started…
- Board Members
- Junior Board Members
- Friends and Family
- Prior donors
- Past recipients of your services (might not work for everyone)
- Other group and associations you are involved in