Creating a charitable registry is a wonderful and generous way to celebrate your birthday, marriage, new baby, or bar mitzvah by asking that your friends and family donate to causes that you are passionate about, in lieu of (or in addition to) giving gifts. Your campaign will allow your guests to show or hide their name and donation amount, leave a comment, and you'll have the ability to thank each person via email for their contribution.
The process of building this type of registry is the same as building a standard CrowdRise multi-team campaign. When you're finished you'll want to lock your teams so your supporters can only choose from the list of organizations you select during set-up.
To create a multi-team campaign:
- Create a regular campaign by starting Here
- Before you publish, head to the campaign 'Edit' tab and select the 'Multiple Teams' card
- 'Save & Continue' to upgrade to an event style campaign
You may edit the Multiple Teams card to customize the template and settings for your teams. Once you're all set, make sure to publish your campaign so it becomes visible to the public, where they can donate and join the team.
Now you'll want to pre-populate your teams with each of your desired nonprofits
- View your campaign
- Click the 'Join Campaign' button
- Select the 'Create Your Own Team' option
- Follow the prompts to create each of your teams
- Select a nonprofit from your list and complete set up
- Repeat as necessary
Next you'll turn off the ability for your guests to create teams of their own
- Select the campaign card and click 'Edit'
- Click the 'Settings' tab
- Slide the 'Disable New Fundraisers' toggle
- Choose 'New Teams Only' if you would like your participants to be able to join the fundraising teams you've created, or 'All New Fundraisers' to make your campaign donate-only
- Click the 'Save' button below
If you have questions along the way Contact Us and we'll be here to help.